Member Benefits include:
- Experienced industrial relations know-how
- Accredited training opportunities
- Education to prevent industrial disputes and investigations
- Support when industrial issues arise
- The strength of a group of members with common views and concerns
- Regular meetings with national organisations where our input is highly valued
Receive a free Employer’s Handbook and personalised Work Health and Safety Manual when you join, plus our regular Member News bulletins and importantly, updated wage schedules following each Minimum Wage Decision.
Your Membership Fee is put to work; it helps us to represent and lobby on your behalf.
Here below is an example of why your membership is so valuable.
Primary Employers Tasmania (PET) lead a delegation to Canberra on Thursday 15th September 2016 to speak with several Ministers with regards to the Backpacker Tax. PET with the support of its Members and politicians brought this issue to the forefront to lobby the Liberal Government to axe the Backpacker Tax immediately.
PET’s President, Glynn Williams spoke on behalf of Members who could not travel to Canberra, and joined members of PET who could attend to put their case forward.
The Federal Government announced a reduction in the Backpacker Tax following PET’s delegation to Canberra. The announcement is in the attached Media Release 160927 Farmers breathe sigh of relief at backpacker tax decision